Jennifer Eccles (NZ) to be auctioned
The 2020 New Zealand Oaks winner and 2019/2020 New Zealand Bloodstock 3YO Filly of the Year Jennifer Eccles is set to be sold on the GavelHouse Plus online platform next month.
Cambridge Bloodstock Consultant Adrian Clark – who selected the horse and has managed her racetrack career to date for the Challenge TEN Syndicate – announced the decision today.
“Jennifer has had some niggly issues as a four-year-old and I’ve decided it’s in the best interests of the horse and the big syndicate who own her, that she be offered to the marketplace via GavelHouse Plus at this time,” said Clark.
“Jennifer Eccles is something of a rare commodity. With so many mares of her ilk having been sold at both the Gold Coast & Sydney recently, a Group One winner who is still only four is extremely hard to buy right now. She is a delightful mare, beautiful temperament, well made and it should be noted that she was the Leading NZ 3YO Filly on the 2019/2020 International Ratings.”
Trained throughout her career by Shaune Ritchie & Colm Murray from their Cambridge base, Jennifer Eccles is being prepared for international buyer scrutiny by Adrian Stanley and Hannah Kettlety at their Woburn Farm near Cambridge. She comes with a breeding certificate & height certificate.
To get a taste of Jennifer Eccles’ electrifying wins at three years, click on this YouTube link: https://youtu.be/8Y8RAliZIhc
Dates to note:
· 28 June: Mare available for inspection by appointment with Woburn Farm from today
· 15 July: Bidding commences
· 23 July: Final day for bidding
· Adrian Clark (Syndicate Manager): +64 (0) 274 954 264
· Adrian Stanley/Hannah Kettlety (Woburn Farm): +64 (0) 274 187 304
· Shaune Ritchie (Co-trainer): +64 (0) 21 404 133
· Haylie Martin (GavelHouse Manager): +64 (0) 226 378 127